Configuring your email account in Outlook 2010/2013
Posted by Greg - HelpingHost.com, Last modified by Greg - HelpingHost.com on 10 June 2017 02:02 AM
This tutorial assumes you've already launched Outlook 2010 or 2013.
1) To configure a POP email account with SSL, first click the "File" tab.
2) Then click The "Add Account" button.
3) Enter your name as you would like it to appear in your emails.
4) Then enter the email address you want to configure here. This HAS to be the email address you login with. Nothing else
5) Enter and confirm the email account's password.
6) Click here to manually configure your mail server settings.
7) Then click "Next".
8) Ensure the "Internet E-mail" option is selected, then click "Next" again:
12) Then click the "More Settings" button.
13) Click the "Outgoing Server" tab.
14) Ensure that "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" is checked as well as "Use same settings as my incoming mail server"
19) Then click "OK".
That's it! The email account has been added.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to configure a POP email account with SSL in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013.