$2/month for 2 Joomla websites
- We provide free one click Joomla installs!
- Multiple Joomla websites per account (no need to have a new account for every domain)
- Very knowledgable and friendly technical support who actually knows about Joomla!
- 20 POP/IMAP Email Accounts/Forwards/Aliases/Redirects
- SSL, FTP, Stats (Free: Modlogan, AwStats, Webalizer)
- MySQL, PostgresSQL
- Over 300 one click install Apps like Wordpress, Joomla or Magento E-Commerce
- and much more...
We offer oneclick Joomla 2.5 and 3.x installs for free for as many installs as you like.
Why are we the best Joomla hosting company?
- You are hosted on Joomla optimized Servers providing a safe and working Joomla hosting environment.
- Staff has outstanding Joomla Hosting knowledge and years of experience. We have worked with Joomla since its birth!
- We are providing QUALITY Joomla hosting.
- Measurements to protect your Joomla install.
- Backups of your Joomla files twice a day and your Joomla Database every 3 hours.
Below you will find all the features included in any of our Joomla Hosting plans:
Multiple Joomla Websites per Account (no need to have a new account for every domain)
- 5 GB Space
- 20 GB Transfer
- Over 400 one click install Apps like Wordpress, Joomla or Magento E-Commerce
- Hosting Control Panel
- Custom DNS Records
- Domain Privacy (Optional)
- unlimited parked Domains/Aliases/Redirects
- Automatic OFFSITE Joomla Website/Email/Database backups.
- Joomla 3.x
- Joomla trained support staff!
- one click installs, backups, cloning of existing installs and removal of Joomla
- 20 MySQL5 Databases
(myISAM and Innodb support)
- 20 PostgresSQL Databases
- Perl DBD/DBI installed for Postgres and MySQL
- Bi-Hourly Hot Offsite MySQL backups.
- 20 E-mail Accounts (POP/IMAP/SMTP/Secure Email)
- 20 E-Mail Aliases
- 20 E-Mail Redirects
- 20 E-Mail Forwards
- 20 E-Mail Autoresponders
- 20 E-Mail Lists (Basic)
- Email Marketing/E-Mail Newsletter/E-Mail Survey System (Optional)
- SPF records
- Grey Listing
- Domain Keys (DKIM)
- DMARC Setup help
- 2 Different Web Mail Systems
so you can read your email while on the road.
- Professional AntiSpam/AntiVirus Filter (optional)
- FTP subaccounts
- Web Site Statistics
(Free: Modlogan, AwStats, Webalizer)
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) (Certificate Optional)
- Custom Error Pages
- CGI-BIN, FastCGI
- PHP 5.2, PHP 5.3, PHP 5.4, PHP 5.5, PHP 5.6, PHP 7.0, PHP 7.1 in FastCGI mode, IonCube, Zend Optimizer, XCache and many more
- For any website in your account you can choose a different PHP version:
- SSH/Shell Access (optional)
- Online FileManager Access
- Crontab Access
- RAW log file access
What is Joomla
Before we can get into details about what Joomla Hosting is, perhaps we first should explain what Joomla is for those of you who might be unsure.
Imagine JOOMLA like a picture frame that can hold multiple pictures. Without a picture frame, you would probably have a hard time displaying the latest family pictures in your living room. You have the option to either build a frame by hand (this would be you creating your own Website without using Joomla), or go into the Store and simply buy one (This would equal to installing a Joomla on your website). Joomla is a piece of Software that runs on our Joomla Hosting Webserver and provides you, the website owner, tools to actually have content on your website. In the beginning, all you have is a Domain name like Helpinghost.com (you will get this domain name through so called Domain Registration which we also provide). This in itself only means that you are the owner of that name in the internet. Nice name, but now what you are asking?
Next, you need to "point" this name to a place on the internet. You need to point it to a Computer that is constantly connected to the Internet and like our Joomla Hosting has plenty of features in place to make sure the Computer always is online. You want your Joomla to be online 24/7 too right? This kind of computer is called a Web Server. You will rent a bit of space on one of those Servers in a high tech datacenter and this will be called Hosting. This "pointing" is done by so called Name Servers. (more about that you can find on our Support pages). If you are getting the domain name and Joomla hosting from HelpingHost.com, you will not have to worry about of any of this. We take care of all the settings for you. Just pick a domain name and hosting plan.
Now where your name is pointing to a Server you will probably see a Parking Page. This is like a placeholder which hopefully will be replaced by your own web pages soon. Easy so far right? Now comes the hard part! Building, creating, designing uploading and maintaining your own web pages. This is normally done by a professional web developer or by you sitting at your home computer trying to figure all this out. Frustrated after a while? Now Joomla comes into the picture which will save you from the frustrating part. You just install it with a click of a button from your Joomla Hosting account and voila, your website is up and running. You now login to your Joomla install, and add the content to your site like images and text and tell Joomla how to organize it. You have Sections, Categories and Articles available and can sort in your website content however you like.
Normal Hosting companies need to provide a very generic environment to ensure that as many web applications as possible are working. Joomla Hosting on the other hand means that everything is optimized for the use of the Content Management System Joomla. This means, first of all that the Server your website runs on is configured to run PHP which is the programming language in which Joomla was written in. Next, PHP needs to be configured in a certain way to be able to run Joomla and its Plugins without problems.
Joomla hosting also means there has to be a tool that enables the website owner to install a Joomla as professional and safe as if you would have employed a Web developer with lots of Joomla Experience. With us, you can install different configured Joomlas with or without Virtuemart, as bare as possible or with all the plugins you can imagine. You can also remove a complete Joomla install with the click of a button. Last, to us Joomla Hosting means a hand-selected few components and plugins commercial and free are always preinstalled for you. One amazing example of a comercial plugin that you will get for free with your Joomla Hosting account is Sakic.net's SEF Advance, another one is the GPL licensed JCE, the best Wyswig Editor available for Joomla.